Saturday, December 22, 2007

'Twas Three Days Before Christmas...

I should be packing instead of blogging. We're leaving for a week with my family tomorrow morning, and I'm frantically doing laundry and looking for enough clothes to last us for the trip. So no stitching here today, but I did do a scan of my little holiday project from JBW Designs. I'm afraid this is one tree that won't be up for Christmas, but it will accompany me and hopefully see in the New Year. Of course I discovered a place where I was a row off, so it was one step forward and two steps back for a bit. I'm still fixing it up which is why there's an empty patch under the reindeer.
One good thing came from starting to get ready to travel - I went into the pantry for a plastic bag to contain all the various chargers we have to take along, pulled one out of the basket, and lo and behold it held the floss for the birds' feet in Hope Perches that I'd been searching out for days. I'd just about decided to use something else but I really wanted to do it with the floss the chart called for. So a few more stitches and the birds will be flying.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas (or had a lovely Chanukah) and a very happy and fulfilling New Year. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support in 2007. It got me through a lot of tough moments of doubt. I love this stitching community!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful finish:)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to coming back and seeing you in the New Year:)

Kathy said...

Your tree looks great. Those JBW designs like that are really fun to stitch. You are doing great for a beginning stitcher. You are finishing projects. Some of the rest of have problems doing that sometimes. We just start another one.

Merry Christmas.

Sharon said...

Your wip looks great. Have a very Merry Christmas!