Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Finish and a Find

The North Wind has finally blown and it's finished. You might be forgiven for thinking that this is a spring scene rather than a winter one, since the Icing Belle Soie for the snow just didn't show up very well on the blue linen. You can see it a little better in real life than in the picture, but all-in-all I'm a bit disappointed. Oh well, it's still a pretty design even if it's not that snowy.


The North Wind
Little House Needleworks
Belfast linen - Meadow Mist
Crescent Colours, Belle Soie and DMC


After finishing NW I went back to Jenny Bean's Christmas Sampler. This one has its own issues with the loosely woven linen, but it's a lovely design. It's about to go on hiatus again though, because the June Oakhaven Designs Owl chart just came out, so I'll be working on that for a bit.

This weekend my sister and I stopped in at an antique mall, and I decided to see if I could find a flower frog to use to store my scissors. I didn't see any, but then my sister asked about them at the checkout counter. Lo and behold, I was thrilled to be shown this one. It has a base and a lid - isn't it pretty? It cost a grand total of $6.75 - quite a bargain. My sister was very surprised to see it - she thought I really wanted something that looked like a frog!




10 comments:

Sally said...

Love your North Wind finish. I can see the snow.

JB looks gorgeous too.

What a lovely flower frog!

staci said...

North Wind really turned out nice! And you are making fantastic progress on JB!

Your flower frog is an awesome find, congrats!

carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Your flower frog is a great find, Michele--now to fill it with scissors :)

North Wind looks lovely and I can spot the snow with no problem. And Jenny Bean sure is pretty--I'm not a fan of loose linen either, but if it complements the threads I still use it.

Hope your weekend weather forecast is good--my youngest son is up your way visiting his girlfriend and they're going to a Red Sox game this evening :)

Lennu said...

Your stitching looks beautiful, congratulations on your finish, it's lovely!

I love the flower frog you found, it's gorgeous!

Marilyn said...

Your finish is nice Michele.
What a pretty frog you found!
Marilyn

Lesleyanne said...

Your north wind finish is lovely. JB is looking great too.

Siobhán said...

What a pretty flower frog! Very nice. Congrats on the finish! JB looks great, too.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

After you pointed out the snow on NW, I could see it. Very pretty! I love JB - I keep that one up year round.

Your flower frog is very, very pretty!