Sunday, March 27, 2016

A Revival (I hope)

It seems my last few posts, which span over a year's time, usually start off with how long it's been since I posted. And this one, alas, is more of the same. This is the first time in ages that my intentions to reboot  my blog have turned into action.  I admire those of you so much who can keep up with busy lives, families, work and stitching, and still manage to blog on a regular basis. My membership in the club certainly has lapsed, but as the saying goes "a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step" and I hope I'll keep up with the walking after I bring things up to date.

So without further ado, here's what I've been doing over the past year:


Christmas Journey
Joyce Reed Folk Art


Forbeare Not Sewing
Hands to Work


Key to My Heart
Primitive Stichin

This was my 20th anniversary gift to my husband.



3 Little Words
Lizzie*Kate

High school graduation gift for my niece.


O Christmas Tree
Emma Congdon

This was a chart from The Cross Stitcher magazine. It took forever to find something to stand the tree up in!


Mickey and Minnie Towels
Disney Cross Stitch

Wedding gift for my goddaughter and her husband.



A Little Wedding
Lizzie*Kate

Wedding gift for my brother and his wife  - names deleted for privacy.

 '


Growing Love Stitcher's Wallet
Threadwork Primitives

This is my first project from the Ladies Prim Society (Dyeing to Stitch)



Merry and Bright
Lizzie*Kate

This chart was in a British Cross Stitch magazine. I just did the finishing today! I am a very slow and timid finisher, so it's nice to be reminded by looking at these projects all together on one page that I do manage to finish things now and then!

I have several other things that are done but neither finished nor photographed, and a bunch of designs in various states of completion. I'm generally a one-project-at-a-time stitcher but have had a severe case of start-itis this past year.

Most important of all - I have a stitching group now! Someone in town started a group at our library; I was so excited when I saw the notice about it. There are six of us who meet regularly and we're hoping to attract more as word gets out. What a pleasure to share this great hobby with others.

Hopefully I'll get myself in gear and post again before another year goes by. I'm signed up for Celebration of Needlework in April, so I'll have to chat about that when I come back.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Speaking of which, I better get Easter dinner going!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome back! And I think your finishing looks great. I understand the "slow and timid" descriptors, too. I have a 6 year old, and often feel like I can't really devote enough time to finishing things well/the way I envision, so I just don't even try.
I really love the stitcher's wallet - both the design and the finishing!

Erin

Carol said...

How nice to see all that you have been working on Michele--it's hard to pick a favorite among all of these beauties! And what great news that you have a local stitching group. I've thought about starting one at my library, but will probably wait until I retire.

Happy Spring to you!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of finishes you have created, Michele. I think it is great that you have a local stitching group. Enjoy your weekend!

Marilyn said...

All great finishes.
You've been busy!
Marilyn