Wednesday, December 14, 2011

End of the Owl SAL (sob)

It's all over - the owl SAL is finished. This was my first stitch-a-long and it was such fun. I will really miss stitching these little owls. I'm looking forward to what Tonia has in store for next year.

December Owl

Completed Owl SAL
Oakhaven Designs

I had the misfortune to come down with pneumonia at Thanksgiving, so I've spent a fair amount of time lolling on the couch and stitching. My latest project is from a fairly recent Just CrossStitch magazine (I can't remember which one offhand). It's called Summer Song by Midsummer Night Design. Other than ornaments, it's the first thing from the magazine I've ever stitched, despite having been a subscriber since 2006. I enjoy getting it but don't often find the projects calling to me. So I was pleased to find this one. It's nice to be working on something summery as the winter winds start to roll in.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas/Chanukah/New Year!

6 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish and a great new start. I hope you are feeling better.

Sonda said...

I like those owls...it IS hard to finish a project that is a joy to stitch! Hard to reach the end. Hope you're feeling better...pneumonia packs a punch!

L.O. said...

What pretty finishes. Summer Song is just lovely. You must have some good eyes to stitch on fabric that dark. I hope you are feeling better. Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

Your owls are so cute--I just love the July one and the autumn and Halloween ones... What a fun finish. And, wow--Summer Song just pops on the black! Great job, Michele!

Anonymous said...

I love your Owl SAL

Anonymous said...

I love your Owl SAL