Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Souvenir for the Holidays

My sister (who doesn't read my blog, so I can post this) and her daughter went to Paris last summer, so I thought I would stitch her a memento of her trip for Christmas. I was so happy to find this free chart by Blackbird Designs. This was only my second time putting cording around the edges - I always dread joining the ends, and I knew this design didn't lend itself to a bow to hide the inexpert join. Thanks to Carol from Stitching Dreams (finisher par excellence), who gave me some tips, it at least is presentable (it actually looks less pronounced for real than it does in the pictures). I hope it brings back some happy memories for my sister.
Souvenir de France
Blackbird Designs
28 count cashel linen
Belle Soie Ocean Tide



3 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. I'm sure your sister will be thrilled.

Carol said...

Your Souvenir de France turned out beautifully, Michele--I'm sure your sister will love it... I do love that color of blue you chose, too!

Sally said...

A lovely gift for your sister. I bet she will love it.

I love your owl SAL finish in your previous post. So much fun!